Originally published at buttondown.email
Another week, another newsletter. Let’s get to it!
- If you’re looking for a new font, check out Atkinson Hyperlegible from the Braille Institute. Hat tip to Chris Griffing for this find.
- Remix 1.6 just dropped. TLDR; lots of stable CSS features goodness: CSS Modules, Vanilla Extract, CSS Side-Effect Imports, Tailwind. Also, improvements to hot module reloading (HMR) and hot data reloading (HDR).
- Behold the power of view transistions. Chris Coyier drops a simple and elegant example to convey their power.
- What’s new in CSS and UI: I/O 2023 Edition is a recap of all the latest CSS goodness we have now like
:has(), container queries, etc.
- It’s not tech related, but I’m loving this book from Rick Rubin and I’ve only just started.
I attended Remix Conf this week. Lots of great talks, but my favourite one was a demo of an online piano and how to build it with progressive enhancement in mind. It was a fun interactive demo unleashing all the goodness people have come to love using Remix.
Check out (Ab)use the Platform! - Presented by Jon Jensen
Words of Wisdom for the Week
“Trust is build in drops, and lost in buckets” – Justin E Samuels on Twitter
There was no stream this week as I was at Remix Conf! This was my first in person conference, and it was amazing!!! Thanks to the Remix team, emcees and everyone involved. Here’s some of my highlights.
Wednesday at 3 pm UTC, I’ll be on the OpenSauced Open Source Hour Twitter Space. Come hang with us!
In the meantime, you can check out my YouTube back catalogue. If you’re not already subscribed to my YouTube channel, what are you waiting for! 😎
Coming up this week on my Twitch stream is Matija from the Wasp team. We’re going to learn all about Wasp, a Rails-like framework for React, Node.js and Prisma.
I post jobs in the iamdeveloper.com community, plus all other kinds of content, as do others. If you’re looking for another friendly nook of the internet, head to discord.iamdeveloper.com.